Everyone likes to have options – from color and size, to ability and performance. Sony, with its excellence in options, includes choices when it comes to high-quality, remote control cameras. With the BRC Series, the BRC-H900, BRC-Z700, BRC-Z330 cameras all use CMOS image sensors, are all Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) cameras, and all deliver exceptionally high picture quality to meet demanding live production requirements. The Sony SRG series, complete with Sony’s high sensitivity 1/2.8-type Exmor™ CMOS sensor, provides an even greater choice of high quality remote camera options. Desktop and ceiling mountable, the SRG-300H, SRG-300H/W, and SRG-120DH (desktop) robotic PTZ cameras can be controlled though an IP network for flexible configuration, and can accommodate up to five remote controllers.
This is where these six cameras come together. Remote controller units that work with these amazing cameras require an IP (Internet Protocol), which allows them to operate in the most effective manner and the Sony RM-IP10 is the ultimate choice for both the BRC and the SRG series cameras! The operation of this RM-IP10 controller allows for variable configurations, and permits the installation of up to 112 units of BRC cameras and up to five units of RM-IP10 controller depending on what each circumstance requires.
With a manageable size of 6 1/2″ (165mm) high by, 15 1/2″ (391.3mm) wide, and 5 1/2″ (137.2mm) deep, this easily installed controller is small and unobtrusive when space is an issue
The RM-IP10’s considerable attributes make it a clear choice as a controller for the Sony BRC, and SRG Series cameras:
- The Pan/Tilt/Zoom operation with the optical three-axis, easy to use ergonomic joystick (Joystick Tilt: 30° to 30° Range)
- Versatile camera adjustment by simple panel operation.
- The use of IP technology allows flexible, uncomplicated installation, and effortless operation.
- Preset feature saves up to 16 position Simultaneous Preset recall to all cameras under control: Instantaneous set-up of multiple cameras provides a big time saving for camera adjustments positions in the camera setting positions.
- Additional ability to use VISCA control: The RM-IP10 can also control up to 7 BRC cameras over a traditional VISCA (Video System Control Architecture) network.
- The RM-IP10 is compatible with the BRC-H900 and BRC-Z330 cameras when they are fitted with the BRBK-IP10 option board and the BRC-Z700 camera when it is fitted with the BRBK-IP7Z option board.
- Simple RJ-45 (10 Base-T/100Base-TX) link for easy connection: The RM-IP10 links to an IP network with via a RJ-45 connector providing very easy, low cost and speedy installation.
- PC configuration software supplied: The RM-IP10 provides for convenient configuration of system IPs and BRCs numbers, with location free configuration of a network.
- Up to 5 RM-IP10 control panels can be used on a single network allowing shared control and simultaneous multi-operator control of large camera systems.
Having the appropriate high definition camera for remote inspection, security, and video conferencing can mean the difference between having a singular occurrence, or one that is captured by remote camera and can be viewed for posterity. Utilizing the Sony RM-IP10 IP joystick controller allows these cameras to finish the job they started!